Black Coalition for AIDS Prevention (Black CAP) Outreach Department is available to facilitate workshops and focus groups on HIV/AIDS and other STIs that will help to educate, empower and support individuals in Toronto’s Black, African and Caribbean communities to make healthier and safer sexual choices and help in reducing their risk for contracting or transmitting HIV/AIDS and other STIs. .
With your help these workshops can be tailored to fit your group and or community’s needs. Just tell us what you’re looking for. Workshops are usually run for that we do are:
- HIV/AIDS 10 – This workshop addresses the basic and some major social issues of HIV/AIDS
- HIV Testing 101 – This workshop addresses privacy, when to get tested, different kinds of tests, testing locations and things to know before and after a HIV test.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections – This workshop explores the symptoms, impact of delayed treatment, getting tested for STIs and how they differ from HIV testing.
- Safer Sex Demonstration & Condom Negotiation – This workshop demonstrates how to effectively negotiate condom use in spite of the prevalence of intimate partnership violence, sexual relationship inequality or relationship imbalance.
- Homophobia & HIV/AIDS-related Stigma and Discrimination – This workshop seeks to debunk myths and highlight key issues that continue to negatively impact the work around HIV/AIDS: addressing most widespread myth that HIV is a “gay disease”, which has caused both men and women who identify as straight think they’re ‘safe’ from HIV, and that any precautions or educational materials relating to HIV seem not to have any relevance to them.
Name of organization: _________________________________________________________
Location of organization with nearest intersection: ____________________________________
Name of contact: ___________________________ Email address: _______________________________
Telephone number: _____________________ Type of Workshop Required: ________________________
Tentative Date for Workshop: ________________________ Target Group: _______________________
Expected Number of Participants: ___________________ Average age (if known): __________________
Any additional information that you think may help us in scheduling this workshop:
Please complete form and email it to Keith Cunningham, Outreach Coordinator at
or fax to (416) 977- 7664.